Conservative Commentary
"the blogger whose youthful effusions have won him bookmarks all over Whitehall ... horribly compelling" - The Guardian
Great Weblogs
The Enemy Within
Archives
 

Most recent posts ...

Wednesday, February 11, 2004
 
Runner up for the Guardian Award

The results of the Guardian's poll on the best British political blog from a shortlist of twelve were announced today.

The winner and runners up were:

The Gay Vote121 votes
Conservative Commentary89 votes
Lynne Featherstone77 votes
Stuart Bruce62 votes

When I heard that the turnout was in the hundreds, I wrote off my chances of doing well, so I was very surprised to get such a high number. My thanks to all those who voted for me, or considered doing so, and to Guardian Backbencher Ros Taylor for organising the poll. I was especially pleased to see some people on the left voting for the blog because they enjoyed reading its content even while disagreeing with most of its posts. For a one-man operation run by a Tory student in his spare time to come within just 32 votes in a Guardian poll of a blog which had behind it the keen campaigning of top homosexual site gay.com was very pleasing.

My thanks again, and don't stop reading!

Extra
Great Sites
Tory Party
Reading ...