Conservative Commentary
"the blogger whose youthful effusions have won him bookmarks all over Whitehall ... horribly compelling" - The Guardian
Great Weblogs
The Enemy Within
Archives
 

Most recent posts ...

Wednesday, May 04, 2005
 
£200 must go now

If any of my anti-Tory readers, or even my pessimistic Conservative readers, are interested in a little flutter, I have offered a bet of £200 (although it displays as £202 for some reason) at 1/2 odds on Betfair. My bet is that the Conservatives will win the Labour seat of Hammersmith and Fulham, which is 26 seats down on the party's target list and currently held with a majority of over 2,000 votes. If you want to match this bet, please do so.

It can be found under Politics ==> UK General Election ==> Marginal Seats - Lon ==> Hammersmith & Fulham.

It will be open until about 8pm this evening.

UPDATE: If this bet is matched, I am also willing to bet £100 at odds varying from 3/2 to 2/1 (2.5 to 3 decimal odds) on the Conservatives winning Eastleigh, the seat the Liberal Democrats famously won in a by-election in the early 1990s, and have held ever since, currently with a majority above 3,000. It is not first, nor fifth, not even twenty-fifth, but 39th on the Conservative target list.

I am going to have something to eat on campus now, but if this sounds appealing, call me on [number removed] and I'll get straight to a computer and we can do it. But it is contingent on someone (not necessarily the same person) matching the Hammersmith & Fulham bet.

Extra
Great Sites
Tory Party
Reading ...